The digitization of banking has gotten a big boost because of COVID-19. Even before the pandemic, internet banking was an important aspect of retail banking, but, consumers have been switching online in greater numbers throughout the epidemic. And the shift isn’t stopping there: internet banking is here to stay. Punjab National Bank is one of India’s most prestigious financial organizations. Deposits, Loans, Insurance, Agricultural Banking, Corporate Loans, Mutual Funds, and other services are available via Punjab national account opening. Interested customers may quickly create savings accounts online with minimal paperwork while sitting at home in front of their computers or laptops. Furthermore, the PNB has made the Online Account Opening process flexible and user-friendly, allowing consumers to create accounts with minimum effort right now.
Punjab national bank online account opening step to step:
- Visit the Punjab National Bank’s official website.
- The online visitor is subsequently directed to the pnb online account opening portal.
- To open an online savings account without the need for an e-signature, go here (Submission of Form).
- The page then leads to the one below.
- Select/enter the State, City, Branch, and Account Type from the drop-down menus (Domestic, NRI).
- Enter the customer’s name, phone number, and email address for the pnb savings account.
- Please enter the Captcha Code after checking the declaration box.
- After you’ve double-checked everything, click the Submit button.
- Fill in the TCR Number that was sent to your cell phone in the appropriate field, as indicated below.
- Submit the form by clicking the Submit Button.
- The Online Registration Form appears.
- Choose an account type, a customer type, and select Yes If you’re an existing customer.
- If you’re an existing client, enter your Customer ID.
- Enter your name, date of birth, and gender as they appear on your Aadhaar Card.
- Enter the Applicant’s Mother’s Name, Marital Status, Religion, Category, Occupation, Annual Income, Total Turnover, PAN Number, UID Number, Nationality, Residential Status, Mode of Operation, and PAN Number. Spouse Name, Maiden Name (for married women) (if married).
- Enter the House/Flat Number/Building Name, Street Name/Road/Locality, State, City, Pin Code, Telephone Number, Mobile Number, and Email ID in the Correspondence Address Section.
- If the Permanent Address and the Correspondence Address are the same, tick the check box.
- Select/Enter the Identity Proof, ID Number, ID Proof Expiry Date, Address Proof, and Address ID Number in the Identification Details section.
- Verify all of the information before clicking the Save and Continue button.
PNB bank account open online with Minor involved as account holder/Nominee:
- Answer the Question in the Minor Details Section.
- Answer the Question: Whether the Nominee is Minor.
- If the answer is Yes, add the Name of Minor Guardian, Relationship, House Number/Flat Number/Building Name, Street Name/Road/Locality, State, City, and Pin Code must all be entered or selected.
- Answer the question “If Nominee Applicable” in the Nomination Details section.
Name, Relationship, House Number/Flat Number/Building Name, Street Name/Road/Locality, State, City, and Pin Code must all be entered or selected.
- Determine whether or not the nominee is a minor.
- Date of Birth, Other Major Person Appointed (if minor), Relationship, State, City, and Pin Code are all required fields.
- Please tick the checkboxes and choose the choices in the Services Required section (Cheque Book, Internet Banking, and Mobile Banking).
- Answer the question “Are you a Tax Resident of Any Country Other Than India?” in the FATCA section.
- Please choose an option.
- Whether or whether it has been documented.
- Enter the Address, Country, State, City, Pin Code, Address Type, Place/City/Birth, ISO 3166 Country Code with Birth in the Tax Details 1 and 2 sections.
- After you’ve double-checked the information, click the Proceed button.
- The acknowledgment is subsequently shown on the following web page, as illustrated below.
- The bank will officially open the account within 3-5 days of receiving verifications.
The interest rate of PNB saving account:
Savings account interest rates at the Punjab National Bank start at 2.80 percent per annum and go up to 2.85 percent per annum. This account is available to residents, Hindu Undivided Families (HUFs), groups, societies, and others. The minimum deposit amount is Rs. 500, and certain accounts also require you to maintain a quarterly average balance. The bank also provides free net banking, ATM/Debit cards, safe deposit boxes, and a variety of additional services.
- 2.80 percent p.a. interest rate on savings fund account balances up to Rs.10 lakh
- 2.85 percent p.a. interest rate on savings fund account balances beyond Rs.10 lakh
- Rs.500 as an initial deposit when you register an account.
- The minimum quarterly average balance should be between Rs.1,000 and Rs.2,000 (minimum balance in pnb).
|PNB Official Website||https://pnbnet.org.in/OOSA/|
|PNB helpline||1800 180 2222|
Yes, applicants can open a savings account by visiting PNB online portal as mentioned above.
PNB Bank account holders are required to keep a minimum balance of Rs 500 in their savings account.
Minors can open a Punjab National Bank Savings Account by naming a nominee who is a close relative.