A permanent Resident Certificate is one of the important documents required for the citizens of any state. In the similar way, the PRC is also a very important document for the citizens of the Assam State. The Permanent Resident Certificates are generally used as proof for Higher Education, applying for government schemes, taking bank loans, etc. The PRC Certificates are generally issued by the Deputy Commissioner of the District in the state.
Assam PRC Certificate
This article explains the online procedure to apply for the Assam PRC Certificate, Eligibility Criteria for applying to the Permanent Resident Certificate, and the Online Application Form 2021 on the official website.
Assam PRC Certificate Eligibility Critieria
Let us see the eligibility criteria that an applicant should get eligible for the Assam PRC Certificate.
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Assam State.
- The Parents or ancestors of the applicant have permanent residence in Assam for a minimum of 50 years.
- Applicants should reside in the state of Assam for at least 20 years.
- Candidates applying for the PRC should have all the required documents with them.
Documents Required for Assam PRC Certificate
Find out the list of the documents required for the Assam Permanent Resident Certificate.
- Scanned Copy of Application Form
- Passport Size Photograph
- Records of Immovable Property (if any)
- Copy of Indian Passport
- Certified Copy of the Voter List to check the linkage
- Copy of the PRC of any member of the family
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of HSLC Certificate/Admit Card
- Documents Related to Forefathers resided in Assam for a minimum of 50 years
- Documents Related to Guardian having continuously resided in Assam for a minimum of 20 years.
How to Apply Assam PRC Certificate Online
As shown below, let us see the online procedure to apply for the PRC Certificate in the Assam State.
- Visit the Official Portal of Assam State.
- It takes the online users to the Home Page below.
- Scroll down the home page and click on the eServices link.
- Click on the eDistrict option on the following page.
- Click Ok on the Dialogue box.
- Click on the Link: Please Create Account in State Portal for e-District Citizen Registrations.
- Being a new user, click on the Create Account link on the newly opened page.
- Enter the First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Screen Name, Email Address.
- Select the Gender, Date of Birth, and Enter Mobile Number.
- Enter the Text Verification.
- Click on the Save button.
- It then redirects the online users to the below page.
- Enter the Email Address of the applicant.
- It then sends an activation link to the registered email id.
- You can also observe the password for your newly created account.
- Enter the password generated to your mail id.
- Click on the signin button.
- The applicants can enter the new password and re-enter again.
- Click on the Save button.
- The applicants can also enter the password reminder by answering the choice of their questions.
- Click on the Save button.
- Go back to the previous page and click on Click Here for e-District Services Registration.
- Enter the Name, Address, State, District, Pin Number, Aadhar Number, PAN Number, Voter ID, and Mobile Number.
- Enter the OTP and the Captcha Code.
- Click on the Register Button.
- It then displays that your account has been successfully registered to use e-district services.
- Close the current tab and visit the URL eforms.assam.gov.in/SPP.
- Enter the Email ID and User Name/Screen Name.
- Click on the Login button.
- It then takes the online applicant to the below dashboard.
- Select the E-Forms by title.
- It then takes the online users to the below page.
- Search for the Permanent Resident Certificate and click on the Download button next to the PRC.
Assam PRC Online Application Form
- It then opens up the Application Form for Permanent Resident Certificate for Higher Education in pdf format.
- Take the printout of the application form and start filling it manually.
- Enter the Applicant’s Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, Passport Number, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, and Spouse Name.
- Enter the Country, State, District, Sub-Division, Revenue Circle, Village/Town, Post Office, Mouza, Police State, House Number, Pin Code, and Duration.
- Tick on Same as above if the current residential address is the same as the permanent address.
- Enter the Name of the Institution where studied last and Answer Yes/No for details of the applicant’s criminal record.
- Keep the signature of the applicant at the bottom of the form.
- The applicants should submit the filled online application form at the cocerned deparment.
- However, the applicants can repeat the same process online by filling in the same details entered in the PDF form as shown above for the offline form.
- Go back to the previous page and Select the Permanent Resident Certificate in the E-Forms.
- Click on the Apply Online button to continue applying for the PRC Online.
- It the takes the online user to the Registration Form below.
- Please remember that the online application form is same as the PDF Form filled before.
- Upload all the necessary documents as mentioned in the article.
- Verify all the details and click on the submit button to finish the application process online.
- However, the candidates who filled the form manually should submit the filled application form and the required documents to the concerned officials.
The interested and eligible applicants should visit the Official Portal of Assam Government and apply for the PRC Certificate online.