A TN community certificate (or caste certificate), issued by the Revenue Department, certifies a person’s position in a reserved community, such as an SC, Scheduled Tribe, or Other Backward Categories. Another name for it is a caste certificate. To get government benefits in the areas of work and education, a Tamil Nadu community certificate must be present. In this post, we examine the steps involved in community certificate download Tamil Nadu along with the other necessary details about status checks and much more.
Tamilnadu Community Certificate
If you are interested in acquiring caste certificate in state of Tamilnadu, you must understand the process. This articles shares the process to apply online, check status and once approved, even download it. Let’s cover everything related to TN community certificate.
Who are eligible to apply for community certificate in Tamilnadu?
- The applicant must fall within one of the designated groups, like scheduled castes, a scheduled tribe, or another group of backward people.
- The candidate must be an Indian national.
- The candidate must reside in Tamil Nadu.
- The candidate must be at least three years old.
TN Community Certificate – How to Apply, Online Application Form
This section will list out the complete process for users who are looking to apply for a TN community certificate using the e-Sevai portal on tnesevai.tn.gov.in. Follow the step-by-step instruction to complete your application process.
- First, head on to the official portal for the e-Sevai portal on tnesevai.tn.gov.in using any internet connected device. You should find the homepage of the e-Sevai portal.
- Find the Sign-In section on the right-hand side of the page. Users will need to login to the portal to avail any type of service. In case you do not have an account on the portal, click on the “New User?” option.
- On the next page, users will need to fill in personal details to register themselves on the portal.
- Ensure to fill in all the details and solve the captcha and click on Sign up. After successful account creation, use the newly created login credentials to login to the portal.
- On the dashboard, search for “Community Certificate” to begin with the registration for Tamil Nadu community certificate.
- Now, click on the “proceed” option found on the next page. Ensure to go through all the required instructions beforehand.
- Now, on the following page click on the “Register CAN” button.
- Now, fill in all the details as mentioned in the registration form.
- Scroll the application down to find the contact details section. Here, you will need to verify your mobile number and email ID using OTP.
- Next, fill in the Bank details like Account number, IFSC code etc. Click on Register when done.
- Applicant will receive a CAN number once successful registration is done. Head back, to the Tamil Nadu community certificate registration page. Enter the Applicant CAN number and other details as seen. Hit “Search”.
- On the next page, fill in details like Aadhaar Card number, mobile number etc and click on “Generate OTP”.
- Enter the OTP received on registered mobile number. Click on “Confirm OTP”.
- Now, fill in all the requisite details in the Tamil Nadu community certificate registration form.
- Scroll down the application form find the option to unput parent castes and communities. Ensure to fill them properly. Choose if any of your family members has a previously issued permanent online certificate. Click on Submit when done.
- On the next page, upload all the necessary documents as mentioned following the proper file formatting guidelines. Also, the user will need to download a self declaration form and upload a signed copy of it along with the other documents. Click on the “Download Self Declaration form” option to get the form.
- Once all the documents are uploaded on the portal, click on the option “Make Payment”
- Use any preferred mode of online payment to pay a fee of 60 INR to complete the TN community certificate online registration. Now, that we are familiar with the complete application process, we now need to check the status of community certificate download Tamil Nadu. This next section will be the complete guide on how to track status and download the TN community certificate.
Don’t Miss: TN Police Verification Certificate
How to Check Application Status of Community Certificate in Tamilnadu
- Head on to the e-Sevai portal and login to your account.
- Next, click on the “Check” status on the dashboard of your profile. You can find it in the top menu bar.
Enter the details like Application number and applicant name to check the status. Click on Search.
- Now you will see the complete application details for your Tamil Nadu community certificate registration. You can check the current status of the application under the “Status” column.
- Now, copy the application number and find the option for “Verify Certificate”.
- On the next page, enter the certificate number and hit “Search”.
Download Caste Certificate Tamilnadu PDF
- If the certificate has been approved, you should be able to download it using the “Download Certificate” option.
- Community certificate downloads Tamil Nadu in PDF format locally and take a printout for further use.