EPFO enfranchises the Employees’ Pension Scheme (EPS) for employees in organized industries. During employment, both the employee and the employer contribute to EPF using a Universal Account Number (UAN).
The 12-digit UAN is issued to each EPFO member. An EPF certificate shows an individual’s job history, service time, and beneficiaries in the event of a death. When an employee retires, they may either take their EPF with them or withdraw it. In case of withdrawal, EPF Form 10C is required.
What is EPFO Form 10C
Form 10C is the primary form that must be submitted when claiming employee pension benefits. Employer contributions to your PF account are classified as EPF funds and EPS funds. Employer contributions to the EPS scheme can be withdrawn using Form 10C.
How to fill 10C form?
Online or paper, Form 10C is available. After accessing the Employees’ Provident Fund’s official website, these are the steps that you need to follow:
- Scroll down and pick the Employers Portal option.
- On the following screen, enter your UAN number and password.
- From the top menu bar, choose “Online Services”.
- Forms 10C, 19, and 31 may be found in the dropdown menu.
- Verify your job, KYC, and member data.
- Verify your account by entering the last four numbers.
- Accept the “Certificate of Undertaking” stipulations.
- Scroll down to the “I wish to apply for” section and choose “Only Pension Withdrawal Form 10C”.
- After providing your address, click “Get Aadhaar OTP”.
- Enter your OTP and click “Validate OTP and Submit Claim Form”.
- You will be notified by SMS after the EPF withdrawal form 10C has been filed. A few days later, the money will be sent to your registered bank account.
Offline Form 10C
Here is the offline form which can be downloaded and submitted manually at the nearest EPFO office.
Information to be filled in Form 10C
Those filling the form, need to specify the following information
- Name of husband (if applicable)
- Name and address of a member’s previous employer.
- Region code, prior firm creation code, and PF account number.
- Date of prior employment.
- Reason for leaving and date.
- Claimant’s complete address.
- Acceptance of a scheme certificate instead of withdrawal rewards.
- Details about spouse, children, and legal heir or nominee.
- In the case of a dead member, the applicant’s name and connection to the late member.
- Payment Mode – a. Postal Money Order, b. Cheque, or electronic payment
Benefits of EPF 10C Form
Form 10C benefits are provided to three groups of members who meet particular conditions.
The following conditions apply to member type 1:
- A person quit their employment before finishing ten years.
- A person turned 58 before completing ten years of service.
The benefit for this type of member is
- He/she may PF withdrawal post-filing Form 10C before permanent retirement.
The following members are eligible to apply for EPF Form 10C:
Type 2 Conditions
- Individuals who have served 10 years before reaching 50.
- Individuals aged 50 to 58.
Member benefits include –
- A scheme certificate is awarded to a person who meets both conditions.
- A person merely satisfying condition ‘b’ may withdraw a reduced pension by submitting Form 10D.
The Scheme Certificate, which Member Type 2 will get, also has certain advantages. This is –
- It proves an employee’s years of service.
- If you are unable to find work after retiring from your prior position, you may EPF withdrawal using Form 10C.
- If a member dies before the age of 58, his/her family or legal representative may take funds from the EPS account.
Criteria for membership type 3 –
- If the person is a legal heir or nominee of a dead member, they must serve 10 years.
- The person may withdraw by submitting EPF Form 10C.
- If a member retires owing to a physical disability, they may withdraw their EPS by completing Form 10D.
Here is the table to simplify things
|Type 1||Type 2||Type 3|
|Did not complete 10 years of service.||Completed 10 years of service before turning 50 years.||Legal heir or nominee of a deceased member, who was past the age of 58 and could not complete 10 years of service.|
|Turned 58 years before completing 10 years of service||Is above 50 years of age but less than 58 years.|
Note: A person who has been a member for less than 180 days is not entitled for any benefits.
Depending on the situation, either the employer or both employers and workers must certify the EPF Form 10C. These are the cases:
- If a person uses a form obtained from a center, it must be certified by their prior employer.
- Employers and workers must jointly certify the EPF Form 10C if obtained online.
- If the former organization is closed, the following authorities may certify the form – Bank manager for the individual’s savings account, President of Village Union or Panchayat.
Applicants must provide the following documents:
- A blank or cancelled check photocopy
- Children’s birth certificates (in case of scheme certificate application).
- For heirs of deceased members, death and succession certificates.
- A Re 1 revenue stamp must be affixed on the EPF Form 10C.
EPF is a good option for those seeking assured profits. However, the rate of return is restricted. Mutual Funds, on the other hand, may create significant profits.
Individuals may invest their EPF withdrawals in Mutual Funds for better returns. After one month of unemployed, they may claim 75% of their EPS corpus using Form 10C. Withdrawal after 2 months.
Related Questions and Answers
When claiming employee pension benefits, Form 10C is the primary form that must be submitted. Employer contributions to your PF account are divided into two categories: EPF and EPS funds. Employers may withdraw their contributions to the EPS scheme using Form 10C.
Canceled cheque copy, birth certificates, stamps, etc.
Absolutely! You can log in at the official website and do the process totally online.
|Visit Official Website||Visit Now|