If you belong to Jammu & Kashmir and are interested to apply for a new domicile certificate online, this article is for you. Domicile certificate is usually asked while applying for jobs or other government services, that’s why it becomes an important document. Thanks to the J&K online services portal, one can now apply, check status & download a domicile certificate online in the state.
J&K Domicile Certificate
|State/UT||Jammu & Kashmir|
|Website||J&K online services portal|
What is a domicile certificate?
A domicile certificate enables an individual to claim benefits and fundamental rights within the jurisdiction of a particular state in which the individual intends to establish a permanent residence.
Who is eligible to apply
New conditions regarding domicile eligibility were released by the government in a gazette notification last year. Few amendments were made, most important was the inclusion of people living in the state for 15 years
- Any person/children residing in J&K for the past 15 years
- Any person who has studied for a period of 7 years and appeared in class 10th/12th in an educational institution located in J&K.
- Spouse of current domicile holder
- Migrants, their children, Indian govt. job holders and their children can also apply. However, they need to provide required documents
Documents required to apply for Domicile document in J&K
You can apply online for a domicile certificate in Jammu & Kashmir. However, before applying, you must know which documents are required to be submitted with the application. Here is the list of such acceptable documents:
- Ration Card
- Immovable property records
- Education certificate (class 10th, 12th, graduation certificate from institutes within the state)
- Name in voter list
- Electricity or any other utility bill
- Labour card
- Employer certificate
How to Apply Online for J&K Domicile Certificate, Application Form
Make sure you have already completed the citizen registration at the J&K portal. Here is the step-by-step process to apply online.
- Login using your username and password on the J&K online services portal
- Once logged in, you will be taken to the account dashboard
- Now, go to the E-services section and click on “Revenue Department”. The following two options will appear :
- Click on “Application for domicile certificate” to open up the online application form
- You need to scroll down and select the applicable clause
- Then accordingly, you need to upload the required documents
- Make sure you attach the original and attested scan copies
- Select the document you have and upload it and accept the self-declaration
- Then click on the “Preview” button to view the details you have filled/selected
- Finally, click on “Submit” to submit your application
- After submitting, your application number will be generated and will appear on the screen
- You can print this receipt for future references
Still, have some doubts?, watch this video
How to Check Domicile Application Status
After applying, the applicant can also check the application status anytime online. To check the status if your J&K domicile application, simply log in to your account and head to the applications section. All applied services and their current status will appear there.
Download Jammu & Kashmir Domicile Online
Once you have applied, your application will go to the concerned department. After completing all formalities, the department will release your domicile certificate, which can be downloaded as a pdf file online. Here are the steps:
- Login to your account on the jkeservices portal
- Go to the “Revenue” department section and click on the download
- After entering the correct information, hit the submit button to download the file.
- Kindly also follow the steps given below the download page to validate the signature