Last Updated on August 1, 2022 by Team Gyankunj
Thanks to the online Building permission portal in Jammu & Kashmir, now you can get approvals online. JKHUDDOBPS is a portal launched by housing and urban development department of JK Govt. OBPS means Online building permission System. That’s why it is called JKHUDDOBPS portal.
JK Online Building Permission
Building permission is the process of getting approval for a building project. It involves submitting plans to a local council. The council will then assess whether the proposed building meets planning requirements. If it does, they will grant permission in writing.
All the citizens of J&K can now apply online for house construction permission through the J&K Housing & Urban Development Department Online building Permission System and CLU Application Portal (JKHUDDOBPS) official website (https://www.jkhuddobps.in/).
About JKHUDD Online Portal
On March 11, 2022, the Housing and Urban Development Department of the J&K government introduced the JKHUDD Portal to the citizens of Jammu & Kashmir. This portal is designed for the public of J&K so that they can easily apply for new building permission and change of landuse.
This article is the complete guide on the application process for online building permission in Jammu & Kashmir and checking the building permission status on JKHUDDOBPS.
Documents Required to Apply Online for Building Permissions in Jammu & Kashmir
The list of documents to be attached with the building permission online application form is:
- Ownership Title Document (Compulsory)
- Identity Proof (Compulsory)
- Site Plan
- Building Plan
- Service Plan
- Parking & Circulation Plan
- Landscape Plan
- General Specifications Plan
JKHUDD OBPS Portal Online Registration
The J&K citizens can register on the JKHUDD online portal if they want house construction permission in the UT.
Follow the below-mentioned steps for online building permission in Jammu & Kashmir:
- Visit the official JKHUDD online portal (https://www.jkhuddobps.in/).
- On the homepage, you will see the link for new registration. Click on that ‘Citizen New Registration’ link.
- The registration window is now open. Enter your mobile number and click on the ‘Send OTP’ button.
- Enter the OTP received on your number and complete the registration form. Remember to set the password according to the instructions written below the submit button.
- Once you fill out the form, click on the ‘Submit’ button at the bottom.
- Finally, your registration process is complete.
How to Apply for Building Permission Online on JKHUDD Portal
J&K citizens can now easily apply for all types of building permissions online using the official website of JKHUDDOBPS.
Here are the steps to be followed to apply for building permissions in J&K using JKHUDDOBPS:
- Visit the official JKHUDDOBPS website (https://www.jkhuddobps.in/).
- You can now see the homepage on your screen. Click on the ‘Citizen Existing Login’ button to login into your account.
- The login window is now in front of you. Enter your login credentials and click on the ‘Login’ button.
You can reset your password using the ‘Forgot Password’ link if you don’t remember it.
- After login into your account, you will see the below screen. To get new building permission online, click on the ‘New Building Permission Application’ tab on the top.
- You will now see the application form for building permissions in J&K. Fill up all the details such as ULB (Urban Local bodies), ward number, type of building, type of permission, and the complete plot address with latitude and longitude details.
- You can select the type of building (residential, commercial, or mixed) you want to construct on your land and the permission type (compound wall, new construction & compound wall, and septic tank) for that building.
- Select the documents you want to attach with the form and click the ‘Proceed’ button.
- The next step is to attach all the documents and your photo and sign. At the bottom, you will find the complete instructions for the documents you need to upload and their format.
- The photograph and signature must be in jpg format with a file less than 10 KB, and the Documents must be in PDF format with a file size of less than 2 MB.
- Select all the documents and click on the ‘Upload’ buttons next to every document.
- Once the process of uploading the documents is complete, you will see the option for payment.
- Check the box which mentions that all the information submitted by you is correct. Now, click the ‘Proceed to Payment’ button.
- You can now see the payment window displaying your building type and the permission type, along with the fee to be paid. Check the details and click on the ‘Payment’ button.
- You are directed now to the payment portal. Complete the payment process and submit your application.
How to Check the Building Permission Status Online on JKHUDD Portal
One can check their building permission status online from the JKHUDD portal by login into their account. Here are the steps to be followed for checking the status of building permission online:
- Visit the official website of JKHUDDOBPS (https://www.jkhuddobps.in/).
- Now follow the steps mentioned in the above section of this article to login into your account.
- Finally, you can now see the status of your application under the Applications tab.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do we have to attach the land documents with the application form?
Yes, complete land documents are to be attached, along with the drawings with the application form.
How much is the application fee for the building permission form?
The application fee is Rs.500/-
Who can take benefit of this online service in J&K?
Residents of all districts of the state are eligible