Now Apply online for Caste Certificate in West Bengal. Yes, now you can submit online application for availing SC, ST & OBC certificate. After you submit the request on castcertificatewb portal, you can also check the application status.
India follows the caste system, and the people of backward caste have to apply for a caste certificate. The Backward Classes Welfare Department of the West Bengal government has made the application for a caste certificate online. SC ST OBC residents of the state can avail of the services online on the official website.
This article is the complete guide for the online portal, caste certificate online application, application download, and status check.
Caste Certificate WB
Caste Certificate WB portal allows applicants to submit online SC/ST/OBC certificate and check the status of certificate request. The caste certificate in West bengal is an important document and is required at many times.
The state government has initiated the online portal for caste certificates in West Bengal to digitize the process. People can avail the online caste certificate services like application for caste certificate, edit application, find caste certificate details, and reprint application/acknowledgment.
The service of other backward classes and scheduled caste certificate download are also available on the official website of the Backward Classes Welfare Department of West Bengal.
Documents Required to Apply for Caste Certificate in West Bengal
The list of documents required to apply for the WB caste certificate is:
- Identity proof
- DOB proof
- Document of blood relation
- Citizenship proof
- West Bengal and local residence proof
West Bengal Caste Certificate Online Apply
West Bengal citizens can now apply for the OBC SC ST certificate online by following the below-given steps:
- Go to the Official Website of the West Bengal Cast Certificate (https://castcertificatewb.gov.in/).
- On the right side of the homepage, you will see the two links for applying under the citizen corner. Click on any of the ‘Apply SC/ST/OBC’ links.
- The application for a caste certificate is now open. Fill in the details such as district, caste, name, mobile number, email Id, document details, address, migration details, details of any one blood relation, and two local references.
- After filling up the application form, click on the ‘Save and Continue’ button.
- The below window appears if you are applying for an OBC caste certificate. Enter the service details of the parents and click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- The option for filling in the details of the agricultural land owned and the parents income will display on the screen. Fill in all the details and click on the ‘Save and Continue of OBC’ button.
- The last window for uploading the documents is same for SC ST OBC caste.
- Upload all the necessary document details and click on the ‘Submit’ button at the bottom.
- Your application for the caste certificate is now successfully submitted. You can now download the application form and the acknowledgment slip by clicking on the links.
How to Edit Application of Caste Certificate
You can edit the application form for the caste certificate of West Bengal even after applying. To edit the application for a caste certificate, follow the given steps:
- Go to the official website of the West Bengal Caste Certificate (https://castcertificatewb.gov.in/).
- The link for editing the application form is available under the citizen’s corner. Click on the ‘Edit Application’ link.
- Enter your application number and DOB and click the ‘Search’ button.
- You will see the application details. Click on your application number.
- Your application form will open on the screen. Edit the application for the caste certificate and click on the ‘Modify and Continue’ button at the bottom of the application form.
- For the next steps, follow the process mentioned in the above section of the application process.
How to Check WB Caste Certificate Status Online
You can now check SC certificate status and other caste certificate status online by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the official website for WB Caste Certificate (https://castcertificatewb.gov.in/).
- Under the citizen’s corner, you will see two links to check the SC ST OBC certificate status. Click on any of the ‘Application Status’ links.
- The window for caste certificate status checking is on the screen. For OBC certificate checking, enter your application number and click the ‘Search’ button.
- You can find the status of your application for a caste certificate under the status column.
Checking Caste Certificate Details Online
The citizens of West Bengal can also check the caste certificate details online by following the below-given steps:
- Visit the official website of the WB caste certificate (https://castcertificatewb.gov.in/).
- Under the citizen’s corner, you can find two links to check caste certificate details. Click on any of the links.
- You can check the caste certificate details by using the new certificate number, old certificate number, or by name and date of issue. Fill in the desired field and click on the ‘Search’ button.
- You will now see the West Bengal caste certificate details.
WB Cast Certificate Official Website
Frequently Asked Questions
Can we reprint the application form and acknowledgment slip of the West Bengal caste certificate?
The application form and acknowledgment slip can be downloaded and reprinted using your application number and date of birth.
Is there a document verification process for the WB Caste Certificate?
Yes, after submitting the application form, visit the concerning office in the next 60 days and on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of a month between 12 noon to 3 PM. Carry your two colored passport size photographs, application form, and original and attested copies of the documents attached.