Marriage is the pure and eternal bonding of two souls. There any cruelty can’t be fetched any space between two married couples. But still, social marriage is not sufficiently valid for the administrative aspects. After being socially married, the couple can be proven unmarried in front of the government. So marriage registration is now mandatory to get all the privileges of the government.
Like all other schemes, the West Bengal government has arranged WB Marriage Registration through Login @rgmwb.gov.in. Now every native of West Bengal can apply online and download a certificate of marriage registration through this online portal easily.
West Bengal Marriage Registration
This article explains the complete details about the West Bengal Marriage Registration, Step by Step Guide to Apply Online for WB Marriage Certificate, Procedure to Download the Marriage Certificate, Check Application Status, and Login on the Official Portal.
Features of WB Marriage Registration
Let us see the features and highlights of the West Bengal Marriage Registration, as shown below.
- West Bengal has taken an incredible step to tie the bond of a married couple permanently.
- West Bengal government has inaugurated an official website from where the would-be couple can confirm their registration.
- The marriage registration certificate is a great proof to grab an advantage or aid of the government.
- The Hindu wedding Act applies to all or any the folks of the state United Nations agency, per Hinduism, any type of event as well as Virashaiva, a Lingayat or Brahmin, a friend or follower of Arya Samaj, Buddhist, Jainist, or Sikh.
- People who aren’t Muslim, Christian, Zoroastrian, or Judaism. The Indian Kristen wedding Act is for people who belong to the Christian community. The Parsi wedding and Divorce Act applies to the folks of the Parsi community.
Please Visit Our Articles
Name of the scheme
WB Marriage Registration
Law Department Register General of Marriages
Process of Application
Certificates are for
West Bengal Social Marriage Process
- The process of social marriage is a holy event where the bride and groom have to take rounds of 7 times around the fire.
- And have to make a promise by chanting some mantra to keep both of them good for the entire life.
- There are thousands of people present to be the witness of the pure relationship.
- But the entire process is valid within the society, not in the government. For the government, the marriage registration certificate is the only proof.
Application Fee for Marriage Registration
- The applicants should pay Rs 200/- in the first 2 months of marriage and then 400/- after the two months of marriage.
Eligibility Criteria for WB Marriage Registration
Let us see the eligibility criteria that an applicant should fulfil to get eligible for the West Bengal Marriage Registration, as shown below.
- The bride must be 18+ and the groom must be 21+.
- The bride and groom must be ready for marriage as per their own will, not under pressure.
- They must have some witnesses with them.
Documents Required for WB Marriage Registration
Find out the list of documents required for the West Bengal Marriage Registration.
- Aadhaar card
- Birth certificate
- Passport size photo
- Residential proof of permanent address and present address
- Marriage invitation card
- Signature of both bride and groom
How to Apply Online for WB Marriage Certificate Online
Let us see the step by step guide to apply online for the West Bengal Marriage Certificate.
- If you are willing to get married legally, then you must have to register yourself. So follow these simple steps.
- First, you have to visit the official website of the Law Department Register General Of Marriage.
- A Home Page will open on the screen. Here you can see ‘Register Your Marriage’. Tap on that written option.
- Next, you are asked ‘Click here to apply online.’
- Now, you have to specify the Act under which you prefer to apply for registration.
- You have to upload all the necessary documents by attaining the data of the groom’s detailed information like name, father’s name, date of birth, registration, email address, valid phone number, religion, nationality, 12 digit Aadhaar number, etc.
- In the following portion of the form, you have to upload the data of the bride such as name, father’s name, date of birth, registration, email address, valid phone number, religion, nationality, 12 digit Aadhaar number, etc., and all the essential documents.
- In the next step, you have to provide information about your social marriage. The date of the social marriage and the invitation card.
- After that, you have to select the marriage register’s box. Here you need to fill in the type of the marriage register, the district, sub-district, the block, the panchayet, etc.
- Now, you have to submit the registration details in this step of the application form and choose the registration niche “Office of the Marriage Officer” or “Outside the Office of the Marriage Officer”.
- You need to enter the name of the campus, number, street, locality name, district, sub-district, work region, block, police station, panchayat, village, and post office and you will be provided “within the office time of the marriage officer” or ” “Beyond the office hours of the Marriage Officer”.
WB Marriage Certificate Download Online
- After you have been assigned, you have to put the code and tap on ‘submit’.
- In this recommendation, the procedure of your West Bengal Marriage Registration will be finalized. You can download the photocopy of the certificate for the future.
WB Marriage Certificate Application Status
- After the online registration process, the applicants should check the status of the marriage certificate application status by getting logged into the portal.
WB Marriage Registration Portal Login
Let us see the online procedure to Login on the West Bengal Marriage Registration Poral.
- Please visit the Official Portal of WB Marriage Registration.
- It takes the online users to the Home Page below.
- Click on the Login button on the same page.
- It then redirects the online users to the following page.
- Enter the User Name and Click on the Next button.
- It then takes the online users to the following page.
All the interested applicants can visit the Official Portal of WB Marriage Registration and Apply for the Marriage Certificate.