gem portal gem.gov.in registration & login is important to access service and features available. If you are a first-time user, you must get registered. After that, you may log in to your account and start using it. To make you understand this, the step-by-step process is shared below.
The full form of GeM is Government E-Marketplace. In plain words, it is the one go-to online organization or website where the government can purchase any type of products for the government offices or establishments of any type at the lowest rate available in the market.
The government doesn’t always need high money requiring tenders but it can also need something as simple as a ball pen, papers, chairs, or anything of such kind which can be used in our daily life. The government accepts various kinds of products, there is no limitation to the types of products that the government needs.
The process is very simple. Nowadays, many government offices or establishments are being built or have to be repaired, so when the government needs anything it posts the particular requirement in the GeM portal explaining the number of items, the type of items, and the date in which it is required so that the local vendors who are registered with the GeM portal can see the posting and post the bid. The government will then review the bids carefully and decide which bid is having low cost and promising with quality and then select the particular bid. On doing so, officially the particular tender goes to that vendor and it is his duty to produce the items on that particular day at the informed place.
GEM Portal User Registration, Login
Need of GEM Portal
Previously when the government needed any items, furniture and contacted the public, the brokers or middlemen always got the job done for a low rate but miscalculated the bill to their advantage and showed high rates which caused great loss to the government in the long run. Therefore, in order to not have any loss of money by brokers or middlemen, the government decided to make everything online, transparent, fast, and efficient.
There is a separate buyer as well as seller account in the portal and you need to create your account in the portal in order to participate in the bids.
In case you are not a vendor and you do not have a shop, do not worry. You can participate in the bids by creating your account. You can contact the wholesale shop in your locality about the particular item and directly transport it from there to the GeM informed place and make a profit in the process.
New User Registration at GEM Portal
The new user has to visit the website gem.gov.in or simply type GeM portal in their web browser. The GeM portal will then open on your screen.
- Click on signup button.
- You will be asked to create your organization account which includes your business or organization name, your organization type, and your name.
- Click on Create Account, you will be directed to another page where you have to create your user id and password. Provide your email id and mobile number in the specified box. Do not share your User id and password with others.
- There are certain rules which need to be followed such as user id must be official for subsequent use, password must be of minimum eight characters with one special character, one number and one upper case. Mobile number should be linked to your Aadhar card.
- You will then receive a congratulatory message stating you have successfully created you user id.
- Log into your email and click on the latest mail received by gem.gov.in to verify and confirm.
If you are interested in buying things at gem portal, you can simply register as a buyer during the signup process
- Now your primary registration is done.
- Now login with your recently created user id and password.
- You will be directed to a page asking various details such as organization details, address, payment methods, personal information, link aadhar. This process is done to reconfirm and reverify all the previously entered details
- Welcome to Government e Marketplace. You are now a primary user and can participate and actively engage in the activities of the portal.
Key features of GEM Portal
The GeM portal connects the government directly to the vendors who are having expertise in selling the particular furniture, items, etc and there is a chance given to many vendors who are connected with the portal in order to participate in the bid and increase their business. It also ensures there is no loss to the government and hence it is a very efficient tool that provides uses and advantages mutually to everyone. The GeM portal has some extra features like the redesigned bidding module which ensures proper and clear understanding, efficient process of bidding, efficient helpdesk within the portal to help with any kind of technical issues, new and advanced user interface, price fairness, easy payment, and advanced analytics. The portal gets updated from time to time as there are many technological advancements and there is also FAQ provided within the website in a separate column for common doubts