Last Updated on June 30, 2022 by Team Gyankunj
Know all about PM Kisan Credit Card or KCC Yojana – Eligibility Criteria, Interest rate, How to Apply & Check Status aspects are discussed throughout the article. All the interested farmers are advised to go through this KCC Scheme article
Farmers even before independence relied on moneylenders for their short-term credits and end up paying a high rate of interest rate. Also, they don’t visit formal areas such as banks because of tough procedures and high-interest rates. This burdensome the farmers with so much debt.
PM Kisan KCC Credit Card Loan Yojana
To resolve this issue, the Indian government launched the Kisan Credit card scheme in 1998. Kisan Credit card scheme provides short-term formal credit to farmers at an affordable interest rate. This scheme was created by NABARD (National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development) so that farmers can obtain term loans for their short-term requirements and expenses.
The Kisan Credit card (KCC) ensures to fulfill the issue of short-term loans of farmers for the agriculture, fisheries, and animal husbandry sector. Farmers contribute a lot to the economic growth of the country. But this also requires a huge amount of investment to maintain crop cultivation and other activities so to support farmers Kisan credit card scheme was started.
The revised scheme was launched by current prime minister Shri Narendra Modi on December 18, 2020. It aims to provide appropriate and timely credit facilities to the farmers from the banking system under a single window.
The major benefit of the Kisan Credit card to farmers is that with the help of KCC, they can obtain short-term loans at an interest rate as low as 2%. It may extend up to 4% depending on the time period and loan repayment. Currently, the credit card interest rate varies from 2 to 4 percent.
Through this article, you will acquire detailed information about the Kisan Credit card application online procedure, the interest rates of PM Kisan Credit card scheme, benefits of Kisan credit card, documents required for Kisan Credit card scheme, and how to check KCC loan Yojana status.
Through the Kisan Credit card scheme, farmers can obtain a loan amount of up to Rs 1.60 lakh without any collateral. Also, the Kisan credit card scheme is linked with the PM Kisan Nidhi Samman Yojana. According to this scheme, the small and medium-class farmers will receive an annual amount of Rs 6000 for their expenses.
The latest news on the PM Kisan KCC Credit card scheme
According to the latest news update, the government is deciding to increase the budget of the KCC loan Yojana with the budget of 2022. Presently, farmers can acquire a loan of up to Rs 5 lakh. It would increase with the formation of the budget 2022 and the Kisan credit card limit will get increased. The fisheries department was added to the Kisan credit card scheme from the last year in the month of December.
Benefits of Kisan credit card scheme:-
The benefits of the Kisan credit card scheme are as follows:-
- Farmers are given short-term credit facilities so that they can perform their agriculture activities hassle-free. Also, they can acquire loan for other allied activities carried out during harvesting of crops.
- Investment credits are available for other agricultural requirements such as fisheries, animal husbandry, dairy animals, pump sets etc.
- The farmers can also avail the insurance scheme in case of any permanent disability or death, for which they will receive 50,000. Also, an insurance of Rs 25,000 in case of any other type of risk.
- The farmers who are eligible will obtain a savings account with good interest rate along with a smart card. Also, a debit card in addition to the Kisan credit card.
- Flexibility in repayment options and great disbursement procedure to create ease for the farmers.
- A single window for all types of term loans and credit facilities to help the farmers in agricultural and ancillary requirements.
- Helps in buying fertilizers, seeds, pesticides, etc as well as cash discounts from merchants/dealers at the time of purchase.
- Loan repayment time period is up to 3 years and farmers can make the loan repayment after the harvest season.
- A loan amount of Rs 1.60 lakh is given to the farmers without any collateral security.
Eligibility criteria for PM Kisan Credit Card scheme
The eligibility criteria to apply for a Kisan credit card is given below:-
- The age of the applicant must be between 18 to 60 years while applying for the scheme.
- Any individual farmer who is a owner or cultivator can apply for PM Kisan Credit card scheme for short-term credit loans.
- People who are joint borrowers can apply for Kisan credit card scheme but the group must be a owner or cultivator.
- Share croppers, tenant farmers, or oral lesses are eligible for the KCC loans.
- Farmers who are involved in crop production or other allied activities such as fishing, animal husbandry, etc can apply for Kisan credit card scheme.
Beneficiaries under fisheries and animal husbandry eligible for this scheme are as follows:-
- Inland fisheries and aquaculture
- Marine fisheries
Documents required for Kisan credit card scheme:-
The documents required to apply for KCC online are mentioned below:-
- Duely filled and completed application form
- Identity proof of yours such as Aadhaar Card, Voter ID card, Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, etc.
- Address proof such as Ration card, Passport, Property registration document, Utility bill (not before last 3 months), Aadhar Card, Driving license, etc.
- Proof of income such as bank statement for the last 3 months, salary slip for the last 3 months, Form 16, etc.
KCC Loan interest rate
The KCC interest rate varies from 2 to 4 percent depending upon the loan repayment and type of loan. The government has also provided different subsidies and schemes to the farmers along with hassle-free short-term loans. The subsidy and KCC interest rate depend upon the loan repayment and civil of the farmer. The interest rate starts at as low as 2% and can extend up to 4% after deducting the subsidy amount.
There are some main KCC Bank and their interest rates given below:-
Banks providing Kisan credit card loans
Kisan credit card loans interest rate
SBI Kisan Credit Card
Initially 7% p.a. | Min. 2% p.a.
PNB Kisan Credit Card
Min. 4% p.a.
HDFC Bank Kisan Credit Card
Max. 16.69% p.a. | Min. 9% p.a.
Axis Bank Kisan Credit Card
8.85%, interest subvention provided
7% | interest subvention provided
PM Kisan Apply – KCC Credit Card Loan Scheme 2022 Online Registration
For enjoying the benefits of the Kisan credit card scheme you should be registered under PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme. To Know the PM Kisan credit card online application procedure, follow the steps given below:-
- If you are a new a farmer, firstly visit the official website of PM Kisan Credit card scheme, i.e., https://pmkisan.gov.in and register yourself under new farmer registration option.
- This is the home page that will appear in front of you once you tap on the website link.
- Scroll down to the page and click on the new farmers registration option. You will be directed to the next page.
- On the next page, there is a registration form where you have to fill the details like Aadhaar number, Mobile number, state, etc. Enter the captcha and click on send OTP option.
- Enter the OTP received on your mobile number and you will get registered.
To fill Kisan credit card loan Application form and submit it offline, the list of the banks and their website links are as follows:-
KCC Scheme Loan Official Link
State Bank of India (SBI)
Punjab National Bank (PNB)
Bank of Baroda (BOB)
Bank Of Maharashtra
To apply online for the Kisan credit card scheme, follow the steps given below:-
Note: This process will be followed by CSC. Individual farmers can’t apply online
- You can apply for Kisan credit card scheme only when you are registered on PM Kisan Nidhi Scheme.
- Visit the official website of Kisan credit card scheme, i.e., https://eseva.csccloud.in/kcc/Default.aspx
- This is the home page of the website that will appear on the screen after clicking on the above link.
- Click on the menu option and select apply new KCC option.
- You can sign in using your PM Kisan Nidhi Scheme username and password. Also, enter the captcha and click on the sign in option.
- Fill all the relevant details in the application form and submit the form.
- You will receive a notification of application approved or not within few days.
How to check the Kisan credit card status?
To check the Kisan credit card status, follow the steps given below:-
- At first, again visit the official website, i.e., https://eseva.csccloud.in/kcc/Default.aspx
- This is the home page that will appear in front of you after tapping on the link.
- Click on the menu bar and select view status KCC option.
- Enter your username and password to view the kisan credit card status.
This is how you can check the Kisan credit card status. Hope you understand everything well and if you still have any type of query or questions, you can drop them in the comment section. Share it with your friends, family, and close ones.