For the welfare of people, The Indian Government undertakes various beneficial schemes from time to time. It is nothing new for the citizens of India. And for the latest, Punjab Chief Minister, Charanjit Singh Channi has taken such a step to further enlarge the list of social reforms. Now good news to all of Punjab residents who are living within ‘Lal Lakir’ property, as Chief Minister of Punjab, Charanjit Singh Channi announced through the scheme “Mera Ghar Mera Naam” ( My House in My Name) on Sunday, 17th October 2021 that ownership rights will be given to people living in houses within red line areas not only in villages but in cities too. This is big news for the people of Punjab as countless properties fall under red line areas. The announcement came as a surprise when CM Charanjit Singh Channi was addressing an overwhelmed crowd during a state-level function at Dinanagar. The Deputy Chief Minister of Punjab, Sukhjinder Singh Randhawa, and Revenue Minister, Aruna Chaudhary were also present at the event.
The State Government of Punjab has now renamed its previously existing mission ‘Lal Lakir’ as ‘Mera Ghar Mera Naam’. The ‘Lal Lakir’ means properties that are part of village habitation but used only for non-agricultural purposes. Earlier the scheme “Mera Ghar Mera Naam” ( My House in My Name) can only be availed by residents of villages but after the recent announcement, city residents can also get the benefit.
Punjab Mera Ghar Mera Naam Yojana
This article explains the complete details about the Punjab Mera Ghar Mera Naam Yojana, Benefits of the Scheme, Eligibility Criteria for the Scheme, Step by Step Guide to Apply for the Punjab Mera Ghar Mera Naam Scheme on the Official Portal.
Please Visit Our Articles
Details about the Registration Procedure
- As per the announcement, the Revenue Department has already been directed to survey such ‘Lal Lakir’ properties by using drones both in village and city areas for digital mapping purposes.
- After proper verification, all the eligible people will be given property cards by which they can show their ownership of the land.
- Before giving a property card the beneficiaries will be given a 15 day time. If they have objections regarding the matter, they can file it within that period.
- The Govt. will issue the Property Card to the rightful owner of the property after receiving a ‘no reply’ from the beneficiaries.
Benefits of the Scheme
Through this scheme ‘Mera Ghar Mera Naam’, people will get the property card of their properties. They will be given ownership which will provide them Financial Empowerment as people will be able to apply for the loan from banks or even sell their property which will ultimately enhance the monetary value.
Features of Mera Ghar Mera Naam Scheme
All eligible people will get property identification cards under this scheme. By this scheme, people will breathe relief as they were living in insecurity so far. Although they have been residing in their houses, there were no authentic papers. So they could not do much when we’re in financial distress. But now, thanks to the CM, through this scheme, interested or needy people will be able to use the land as per their necessity or even to apply for a loan.
Eligibility Criteria for Mera Nam Punjab
So far, only the properties that were in villages were considered eligible for this scheme. But after this announcement, all the residents of Punjab who are presently living within Red Line areas, irrespective of Village or City area, can get the benefit of the ‘Mera Ghar Mera Naam’ scheme. City residents too, from now on, will be eligible to avail benefits under this scheme. They will be able to register their property if that falls under Red Line Area.
As per the official statement, people who are living in houses in old localities for a long time also will be covered by this scheme.
Key Highlights of the Scheme
Name of the scheme
Mera Ghar Mera Naam
CM Charanjit Singh Channi
17th October 2021
Previously known as
‘Lal Lakir’ scheme
Extended version of
People living in red line areas (Both in Village and City) of Punjab can register their property in their name
Property Cards (as proof of their ownership of the property) will be given to the rightful owners.
How to Apply for Punjab Mera Ghar Mera Naam Scheme
- This is a freshly announced scheme from Punjab Government. The
- As of now, there is no need for registration.
- As per the official statement, the respective department has already been instructed of drone survey of red line properties.
- After the digital mapping is done, the govt. will collect the data for verification and in a time-bound manner, will allocate the property card to the owner of the property or people living on that.
We will update if there is any more news regarding this scheme so keep in touch with us and also for further details please visit the official portal: revenue.punjab.gov.in