As promised in TMC ghoshna patra before elections, a new scheme namely Lakshmi bhandar prakalpa is introduced. The state of West Bengal is all set to launch the Lakshmi Bhandar scheme. The scheme will start officially from 1 September 2021. The scheme got approval from the cabinet on 22nd July. In this article, we are explaining all you need to know about the Lakshmi bhandar prokolpo, from eligibility criteria to applying online. All interested are advised to read this article before filling the WB Lakshmi bhandar yojana form.
Lakshmi Bhandar Prokolpo
✅After initial launch of the scheme, the government is planning to include all women under this scheme
✅Under this scheme, now brides of SC/ST families will get Rs. 1000
✅ Official Launch of the scheme is scheduled on 1st September 2021
✅ Lakshmi bhandar official website may be launched soon
|State||West Bengal (WB)|
|Beneficiaries||Unemployed women of Age 25-60 years of State|
|Launched by||Mamata Banarjee|
|Starts from||1st September 2021|
Lakshmi bhandar scheme is a revolutionary scheme for the welfare of women in the state. If implemented properly, eligible applicants will get financial assistance from the state government. Rs. 500 will be given to general category applicants while Rs. 1000 to SC/ST applicants.
The scheme was initially announced during the WB elections by Mamata Banerjee. After TMC has won the elections, the party is trying to fulfill the promises made during the election campaigns.
Eligibility Criteria for WB Lakshmi Bhandar
- Women of the state aged 25 to 60 years
- Casual worker women
- Women with permanent jobs in private or government firms are not eligible
Lakshmir Bhandar Yojana Key benefits
The Lakshmi bhandar scheme offers:
- Rs. 1000 per month to SC/ST beneficiaries
- Rs. 500 per month to general category applicants
The Trinamool Congress is sharing details of this scheme on social media (Twitter, Facebook), etc. Here is an image from the official AITC Facebook page
- Duare Sarkar camps will be held in the state from 16th August to 15 September to accept applications
- People can also drop in their duly filled application forms at these camps
- People can also ask their queries regarding any other government schemes in these duare sarkar camps
- The financial assistance of either Rs. 500 (for general) or Rs. 1000 (for SC/ST) will be given from 1 September onwards even if somebody has got their Lakshmi bhandar card before that date.
- Around 1.6 crore women of the state will be benefitted
- The state government will bear additional 11,000 crore load due to this scheme.
Documents required to apply for WB Lakshmi Bhandar Scheme
Before you apply, make sure you have the following documents ready:
- Copy of Swasthaya Sathi card
- colored passport size photograph
- Aadhaar card copy
- SC/ST certificate copy (if the applicant belongs to SC/ST category)
- Bank passbook copy or canceled cheque
- Duly signed self declaration form
Lakshmi Bhandar Prokolpo – Apply Online, Application Form 2021
As mentioned, the scheme benefit starts from 1st September 2021. The applicants need to ensure that they apply & get their Lakshmi bhandar card before the date for timely receiving of a monthly assistant. It is expected that government may launch a dedicated portal to accept online applications of Lakshmi bhandar prokolpo, however the same hasn’t been mentioned till now. If self form filling Lakshmi bhandar application is launched, steps will be as follows:
- Applicant visits the lakshmir bhandar scheme official website
- Gets registered at the portal
- Logs into the account
- Fills in the online application form
- Attach required documents as PDF or image
- Submit the application and notes down the system generated application number for future references
The offline method to apply for the West Bengal Lakshmi bhandar scheme is already known. A PDF application form is already available. Interested and eligible applicants need to duly fill in the application form and attach the required documents with the form.
Another method is to visit the duare sarkar camps nearest to your location and get help in form filling from the concerned officials. You can find the duare sarkar camps schedule below:
How to Download Lakshmi Bhandar Scheme Application Form
As there is no update on online mode, one may use the available pdf application form. Kindly download and print this form, attach the given documents and submit it.Lakshmir-Bhander-form-compressed