Do you know anything about NYSC Registration Portal? The NYSC scheme was created to reconstruct, reconcile and rebuild the country after the Nigerian Civil war. The unfortunate antecedents in our national history gave impetus to the establishment of the Nigeria National Youth Service Corps by decree No.24 of 22nd May 1973, which stated that the NYSC is being established “with a view to the proper encouragement and development of common ties among the youths of Nigeria and the promotion of national unity.”
As a developing country, Nigeria is further plagued by the problems attendant upon a condition of underdevelopment, namely, poverty. Mass illiteracy, acute shortage of high skilled manpower (coupled with most uneven distribution of the available skilled people), woefully inadequate socioeconomic infrastructural facilities, housing.
NYSC Registration Portal
This article is about the National Youth Service Corps of Nigeria, NYSC Registration Portal. It includes details of Nigeria Nation Youth Service & Remobilization Apply Online. But, first, you need to log in to the official website of NYSC @portal.nysc.org.ng.
Nigeria National Youth Service Corps Scheme
- The universities and other institutions of higher learning are normally expected to be training grounds for future leaders, except that, as we are all aware, these institutions are first and foremost committed to the advancement of learning and knowledge, training people for good citizenship.
- Little wonder that the products of these institutions have been accused of being too elitist in their outlook, of not identifying with the plight of the common man, and of inability to appreciate the predicament of the vast majority of our people who live in the rural areas.
- The scheme’s purpose is primarily to inculcate in Nigerian Youths the spirit of selfless service to the community and to emphasize the spirit of oneness and brotherhood of all Nigerians, irrespective of cultural or social background.
- The history of our country since independence has indicated the need for unity amongst all our people and demonstrated the fact that no cultural or geographical entity can exist in isolation.
Please Visit Our Articles
Highlights of Nigeria Nation Youth Service
- The government and people of Nigeria are not aware that sound and patriotic leadership is a precondition for the country’s rapid social and economic development.
- Unfortunately, as a nation, Nigeria has been less fortunate in the kind of leadership that emerged to govern the country’s affairs.
- In the period immediately after independence, a leadership whose achievements were notwithstanding was nonetheless ill-prepared. And generally not properly motivated to tackle the problems of socioeconomic underdevelopment in the country’s interest as a whole.
- There is no gainsaying the fact that the future of any country depends on the youths. The youths of Nigeria acknowledge this fact and have consistently laid claim to the nation’s leadership.
- While one may give credence to the saying that leaders are born, not made, one must also concede that leadership in a modem society requires a certain degree of preparation and orientation before assuming that role.
Important Details of Nigeria Nation Youth Service NYSC
Let us see the features of the Nigeria Nation Youth Services, as shown below.
- Prospective Corps members should ensure that they have available email addresses that they can access and Nigerian (GSM) telephone numbers with which to register.
- They will use the Email address and password to log in to the NYSC portal subsequently and are advised to keep it safe.
- Locally trained prospective Corps members are expected to use correct Matriculation numbers to register.
- For locally-trained graduates, only those whose names appear in the Senate/Academic Board Approved Result lists submitted by their Institutions will have access to the register on the NYSC portal.
- Foreign-trained prospective corps members/those who acquired online qualifications should ensure that their Institutions are accredited. They should approach the Federal Ministry of Education for evaluation. The letter of evaluation must be uploaded during registration.
- Those who graduated from Institutions outside Nigeria (Foreign-trained graduates) or obtained online foreign certifications are to visit the NYSC portal, register, and upload the following documents:
- First Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) Certificate (Second Degree or Ph.D. not necessary).
- Complete Official Transcript of the First Degree or HND.
- International travelling Passport showing personal data page and date of departure.
- ATTESTATION LETTERS OR TESTIMONIALS are not acceptable instead of original Degree/HND Certificates.
- All working-class Graduates and graduates of online foreign qualifications must upload their original ADMISSION LETTERS and LETTER OF APPROVAL from their respective employers to undertake their courses, as the case may be.
- All graduates of Medicine and other health-related courses such as Nursing Science, Laboratory Science, Physiotherapy, Pharmacy, etc. must possess and upload current-professional license. An expired license is not acceptable for mobilization.
- It is the responsibility of prospective corps members who studied in non-English speaking countries to get their Certificates and Transcripts translated into English before uploading. Such translation must be done in accredited Institutions or Embassies.
- All graduates of Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Physiotherapy, Radiology, Optometry, Medical Laboratory Science, and Pharmacy are expected to have their Certificates of Registration with their professional bodies. Payment receipts are not acceptable.
- Unlike in the past, Foreign-trained graduates should NOT visit NYSC Headquarters, Abuja, to verify their documents. This exercise will now be done at the Orientation Camps. They should print their call-up letters online and report at the Orientation camps in their States of deployment but should come to the camp with the original documents they uploaded for verification.
- Anybody who presents any fake document will be demobilized and decamped, and handed over to law enforcement agencies for prosecution.
- Prospective corps members should ensure that Passport photographs used meet the following specifications:
- Ensure your face (eyes, nose, ears, mouth, and jaw) is fully shown without bending.
- Ensure the picture fills the frame and centralized
- Ensure the Photo background is white or off-white with no shadow.
- Prospective Corps members who do not want to pay the N2,786.24 have the option of going to their schools to collect their call-up numbers and call-up letters.
- All prospective corps members who paid for the online registration before but were not mobilized need not pay again.
- Married female prospective corps members (whether locally or foreign-trained) should upload copies of their marriage Certificates, evidence of Change of name, and their husband’s place of domicile during registration.
- The orientation camp is highly not ideal for pregnant and nursing mothers. Prospective corps members in this category are, therefore, to note that they will not be accommodated.
- Prospective corps members who graduated from Institutions located in the following Geo-Political Zones with challenges related to mobilization should contact the following Telephone Numbers.
- All Part-time graduates are expected to register online and wait to collect their Letter of Exclusion at their various Institutions. For those willing to print the Letter of Exclusion online, this can be done on payment of N2,786.24 only.
How to Apply Online for Remobilization & Login Procedure @portal.nysc.org.ng
- For applying online for remobilization for NYSC, please log on to the official website of NYSC @portal.nysc.org.ng.
- If you are a registered user, click on the Login button.
- Enter the Email Address, and Password.
- Click on the Resume button.
- If not registered, click on the Click Here to Apply for Remobilisation.
- After logging in to the official website, you will find an option “online application for remobilization” if you scroll down the page. Click on it.
- You will be redirected to a page where you will have to fill in the following details:
- First name
- Middle name
- Email Id
- Check the box if you are married.
- Select gender
- Previous call-ups
- Previous state code
- Previous batch
- Previous deployment
- phone number
- Enter all the details and click” Save record.”
Note that this application will go through an approval process. Only approved applications would be eligible for registering for remobilization.