Did you know about the RBI HARBINGER 2021?Reserve Bank is organizing its first global hackathon – “HARBINGER 2021 – Innovation for Transformation” with the theme ‘Smarter Digital Payments’. The Hackathon invites participants to identify and develop solutions that have the potential to make digital payments accessible to the under-served, enhance the ease of payments and user experience, while strengthening the security of digital payments and promoting customer protection, through its guidance and support, has been able to transform India into a country riding the crest of a wave in the evolution of digital payments and continues to do so by fostering innovation.
Increase in digital payments in India have not only facilitated in achieving greater financial inclusion, but also interoperability among payment systems, unparalleled ease of transactions, robust customer protection measures have made India’s retail payment system one of the safest in the world.The journey has only just begun, and they are mindful of the challenges ahead, and they invite ideas to enhance the reach, convenience, and experience of the users, while making digital payments smart and secure.If you have an innovative solution, haRBInger 2021 is the right platform.
RBI Harbinger Apply
This Article explains about the Hackathon RBI is organizing called RBI Harbinger 2021.It includes details like How to apply, When online registration date commences from, what is the eligibility criteria.This helps the participants to know in detail about RBI Harbinger 2021 before they register.
RBI Harbinger 2021- Problem statements
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) – India’s central banking authority invites your innovative ideas for the four problem statements under the overarching theme of ‘Smarter Digital Payments’.
RBI HARBINGER 2021 invites innovative ideas for the following problem statements in the payment and settlement systems landscape:
- Innovative, easy-to-use, non-mobile digital payment solutions for converting small-ticket cash transactions to digital mode.
- Context-based retail payments to remove the physical act of payment.
- Alternate authentication mechanism for digital payments.
- Social Media Analysis Monitoring tool for detection of digital payment fraud and disruption.
Being part of HARBINGER 2021 gives an opportunity to the participants to get mentored by industry experts and exhibit their innovative solutions before an eminent jury and win exciting prizes in each category.
Please Visit Our Articles
RBI HARBINGER- Online Registration Date
The registration for RBI HARBINGER 2021 commences on November 15, 2021. The registration period culminates on December 15.More details about the event are available at https://fintech.rbi.org.in.
HARBINGER Registration Process Step by Step
Here is a step by step sequence of the Registration Process for the HARBINGER 2021, as shown below.
- Start Registration : The online registrations will commence on November 15th, 2021.
- Submit Proposals : The participating teams should submit proposals to one or more problem statements.
- Submit Solutions: Shortlisted solutions to be developed and submitted for evaluation on the APIX platform dated on 28th February 2022.
- Announce Winners: The final announcement of winners will be on April 1st 2022.
RBI HARBINGER 2021 Prizes
Below are the prizes for the winners of Reserve Bank of India Harbinger Program.
The winner of RBI HARBINGER 2021 will get Rs 40 lakh and the runner-up will fetch Rs 20 lakh.
How To Apply for RBI HARBINGER, Official Notification PDF
Let us see the step by step guide to apply online for the RBI HARBINGER 2021.
- Those who want to apply, can do so at https://hackolosseum.apixplatform.com/hackathon/harbinger2021.
- Once registered, select the problem statement, and submit your proposal.
- Please fill in the responses for all the proposal questions.
- You may apply for more than one problem statement if you fulfil all the criteria set out in each category.
- Your solution can aim to address the needs covered by more than one problem statement.
- We are looking at the uniqueness of the proposition and feasibility of the business model alongside to achieve the desired goal.
- The registration process is yet to start very soon on the official portal. We will get back to you with latest updates and announcements.
RBI HARBINGER Eligibility Criteria
Let us see who can apply to RBI HARBINGER 2021.
- An entity or individuals who are of age eighteen years and above and are eligible to enter into a contractual agreement.
- Anyone who possess a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) or a product available on the market or ready to be rolled out in the market.
- Anyone who has an element of innovation or novel application of technology serving common good.
- Participants from all backgrounds and geographies are welcome, albeit knowledge about the Indian payment systems market and consumers is preferred.
Participants should be open to form an incorporated entity in India if they are winners of the hackathon.
All the interested applicants can visit the official website and apply for the most awaited RBI HARBINGER Competition.